Some Words Mentioned Throughout the Site
- Refraction is performed to determine whether the eye is near-sighted, far-sighted or has astigmatism. This is done by means of a phoropter which the patient looks through while the doctor looks at the eyes with a retinoscope, and changes a series of lenses to find the clearest vision.
- Keratometry may be used to evaluate the curvature of the cornea for fitting contact lenses.
- Tonometry is performed to measure the pressure inside the eye.
Where are you located?
Our office is located at The Eye Center Columbus at Central Ohio Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
614-224-4297 – 800-537-2000
262 Neil Avenue, Suite 420
What are your hours?
- Monday | 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Tuesday | 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Wednesday | 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Thursday | 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Friday | 8:00am – 12:00pm
What Insurance do you take?
Our office will submit your visit to your insurance company. Please bring your current insurance cards and photo ID with you EVERY visit. Any questions should be directed to the bookkeeper at 614-224-4297
What if I experience an emergency after hours?
Call your local emergency room and schedule a time to see Dr. Wilkerson as soon afterward as possible.
What is Nearsightedness?
Also known as Myopia, nearsightedness is seeing things far away are blurry, while near vision is quite clear. This appears between the ages of 6 and 21 and may get worse until after age 30.
What is Farsightedness
Also known as Hyperopia, farsightedness is seeing things at a distance just fine, but their vision close up is blurry.
What is an Astigmatism?
Astigmatism is the result of the eye not being completely round. Your eye is shaped like a football (Go Bucks) and the light enters in a different way, causing you not to see as clearly as you should.
What is Presbyopia?
Presbyopia is the natural aging process of the eye. Yes, this means as you get older your eyes will more than likely become worse and worse. Your eye becomes wrinkly (like your skin) and loses its ability to change its focus to see objects close up.